KROK-1 is an examination on general scientific disciplines, which is passed after studying basic fundamental disciplines included in the KROK-1 test exam. Licensed integrated examination "KROK-1. General medical training" includes test tasks on disciplines of 1-3 courses:
- Human anatomy - 9%
- Biology - 7%
- Biological Chemistry - 16%
- Histology, Cytology and Embryology - 4%
- Microbiology, Virology and Immunology - 18.5%
- Physiology - 6%
- Pathophysiology - 16%
- Pathomorphology - 12.5%
- Pharmacology - 11%.
The criterion "pass / fail" established by the Testing Centre at the level of 60.5%. The number of tests in the booklet - 200, routine time - 200 minutes. All students who received the "not passed" result of KROK-1 exam may retake the KROK-1 not more than 2 times in the terms established by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. In the case of the result "not passed" after the third attempt, the students are not admitted to the next examination session and expelled from the institution of higher education.
KROK-2 - the examination for professional-oriented disciplines which corresponds to the training program for professionals in the medical field. Licensed integrated examination "KROK-2. General medical training "includes:
- 40% of therapeutic profile tasks (Therapy, Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, Endocrinology, Occupational Diseases, Phthisiatry, Radiology and Radiation Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Neurology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology),
- 20% of surgical profile tasks (general surgery, oncology, urology, anesthesiology and critical care medicine, orthopedics and traumatology, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, forensic medicine),
- 15% of pediatric profile tasks (pediatrics, childhood infections, neonatology),
- 12.5% of hygiene profile tasks (hygiene, health care organization),
- 12.5% of obstetrics and gynecology profile tasks.
The criterion "pass / fail" established by the Testing Centre at the level of 60.5%. The number of tests in the booklet - 200, routine time - 200 minutes. All students who received the "not passed" result of KROK-2 exam, are allowed to pass the state graduation exams, but do not receive a certificate of licensing KROK-2 exam. They do not pass state attestation, do not receive the diploma of higher education institution and may retake the licensing KROK-2 exam not earlier than in 1 year.
According to the order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine "On order of conducting the integrated examinations" from 29.04.2013 items 5.1 and 5.2:
- Only students with no arrears in the curriculum, particularly in the disciplines of "KROK-1" are allowed to take the exam "KROK-1";
- The exam "KROK-2" is only available to students with no arrears in the implementation of the curriculum and with the presence of certificates of the license exam "KROK-1".
By the order on Higher Education Institutions students who will have academic arrears, will not be allowed to write the integrated examinations.
Preparation of medical students for the licensing KROK-1 and KROK-2 exams is conducted on a regular basis during the entire period of study in three languages: Ukrainian (for citizens of Ukraine and Ukrainian foreign students), Russian (for Russian-speaking foreign students) and English (for English-speaking foreign students).
In 2016, the introduction of an integrated system of students preparation for KROK is started, which is a unique complex of events in Ukraine, its choice of the form and content is based on in-depth statistical analysis of the materials in preparation for the KROK obtained from official sources. System components, its features and peculiarities of its using open to students in practical sessions, special meetings on the preparation for KROK.
The system of preparation for KROK includes a theoretical and test training of students, which are carried out with the use of full-time and online consulting, system of remote Internet education and control level of preparation, printed manuals and guides, specially developed software and others.
Preparing for the KROK is carried out during the entire period of study in the learning of relevant disciplines, it allows you to evenly distribute the test burden on students, and the use of innovative Internet technologies and advanced online learning systems and control of knowledge level allows, at the same time, significantly reduce material and temporal costs for preparation.