Date of creation
Regulations on the Academic Council
MINISTRY OF HEALTH PROTECTION,
UKRAINE DONETSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Regulations on the Academic Council of the Donetsk National Medical University
This regulation regulates the procedure for the organization and operation of the Academic Council of the Donetsk National Medical University of M. Gorky, coordination of its work and definition of legal status in the structure of the university.
- Academic council of Donetsk National Medical University of M. Gorky is a collegiate governing body of the university and is formed for a term of five years, the composition of which is approved by the order of the rector within five working days from the day of termination of the powers of the previous composition of the academic council.
- In its activity, the Academic Council is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" of 01.07.2014, No. 1556-VII, other laws of Ukraine, resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, decrees and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, normative acts of the Ministry of Education and Science Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the Charter of the University approved and registered in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the orders of the rector, recommendations and decisions of the Supervisory Board of the University, this Regulation and other current normative and legal acts.
- The Academic Council works in accordance with the annual plan of work, which is adopted at the meeting of the Academic Council and approved by the chairman of the Academic Council.
- The purpose of the academic council
- The Academic Council is formed to solve the most important issues of the research, medical, educational, educational and administrative work of the University, other issues of the organization and functioning of the University, its interaction with state authorities, local self-government bodies, public organizations, enterprises, institutions and organizations.
- Functions of the Academic Council
Academic Council of the University:
- defines the strategy and perspective directions of development of educational, scientific and innovative activity of the university;
- develops and submits to the supreme collegiate body of public self-government a draft statute of the university, as well as a decision on amendments and additions to it;
- approves the financial plan and the annual financial report of the university;
- defines the system and approves the procedures for the internal quality assurance of higher education;
- decides on placement of own revenues in the territorial bodies of the central executive body in the field of treasury service budget funds, or in banking institutions;
- approves upon the submission of the rector of the university, a decision on the formation, reorganization and liquidation of structural subdivisions;
- selects by secret ballot on positions of deans, heads of departments, professors, director of the library, heads of affiliates;
- approves educational programs and curricula for each level of higher education and specialty;
- adopts decisions on the organization of the educational process, defines the terms of training at the appropriate levels;
3.10 approves the sample and the procedure for the production of its own document on higher education, the provisions on the procedure and the grounds for its issuance to graduates, as well as samples, the procedure for making, the procedure and grounds for issuing graduates of joint and double diplomas;
3.11 adopts the main directions of conducting scientific research and innovation activities;
3.12 evaluates the scientific and pedagogical activity of structural units;
3.13 assigns scholars the title of professor, docent and senior researcher and submits relevant decisions for approval to the attestation board of the central executive authority in the field of education and science
3.14makes final decisions on the recognition of foreign documents on higher education, scientific degrees and academic titles during the recruitment of teaching, scientific, scientific, pedagogical and other workers, as well as during enrollment of apprentices to study;
3.15 has the right to submit a petition on the recall of the university rector on the grounds provided by law, the university statute, a contract considered by the highest collegiate body of public self-government of the university;
3.16 establishes nominal scholarships of the academic council and approves personal scholarships;
3.17 makes decisions on candidates for the election of academicians and correspondent members of the NAS and NMA of Ukraine;
3.18 decides on the awarding of university honorary titles;
3.19 hears and approves the reports of vice-rectors and other heads of structural units of the university;
3.20 the scientific council delegates to the scientists of the councils of the faculties the authority to elect a competition by secret ballot on the positions of docent;
3.21 considers other issues of the University's activities in accordance with the provisions of the Statute.
- The structure of the academic council
4.1 The Academic Council of the University is headed by its chairman, who is elected by secret ballot from among the members of the Academic Council of the University who have a degree and / or academic (honorary) title, for the duration of the academic council's activity at the first meeting of the Academic Council.
4.2 The chairman proposes to elect a candidate for the secretary of the Academic Council, who is elected from among its members by open vote.
4.3 The Academic Council of the University consists of:
4.3.1 by positions: rector of the university, first pro-rector, pro-rectors, deans of faculties, directors and heads of educational-scientific institutes and centers, academic secretary, director of the library, chief accountant, heads of self-government bodies and elective bodies of the primary trade union organizations of the university employees;
4.3.2 elected representatives representing scientific, scientific and pedagogical workers and elected from among the heads of departments, professors, doctors of philosophy, doctors of sciences;
4.3.3 elected representatives representing other university staff and working on it on an ongoing basis;
4.3.4 elected representatives of postgraduate students, doctoral students, trainees, assistant interns, interns, resident physicians, clinical residents, heads of elected bodies of primary trade union organizations of students and postgraduate students, heads of student self-government bodies of the university in accordance with the quotas defined by the charter.
4.4 The composition of the Academic Council should be at least 75 per cent of the scientific, scientific and pedagogical staff of the university and not less than 10 percent - elected representatives from the number of students.
4.5 According to the decision of the Academic Council, representatives of employers' organizations may also be members;
4.6 Elected representatives from the University's staff are elected by the highest collegiate body of public self-government of the University on the basis of the structural units in which they work, and elected representatives from among the students are selected by students through direct secret elections. Elections to the Academic Council begin within 30 calendar days before the termination of the powers of the previous membership of the Academic Council.
4.7 The personal composition of the academic council is approved by the order of the rector of the university.
4.8 Decisions of the Academic Council are put into effect by the order of the rector.
- Regulations of work of the academic council
5.1 The Academic Council holds a meeting in accordance with a plan approved by the rector. The exact date of the meeting is determined by the chairman of the Academic Council.
5.2 The secretary of the Academic Council of the University shall in advance inform the meeting of all members of the Academic Council. The message sets out the agenda, time and place of the meeting. In addition, the secretary of the Academic Council, as appropriate, introduces the members of the Academic Council to draft decisions on issues that will be discussed during the holding of this meeting of the Academic Council.
5.3 The secretary of the academic council ensures the registration of board members who have arrived at its meeting. The presence confirmation is a personal signature on the registration card.
5.4 Participation of members of the Academic Council in the meeting is compulsory. In the absence of a meeting without a valid reason, the academic council has the right to request the possibility of bringing the perpetrator to disciplinary responsibility. A serious reason for the absence at the meeting of the academic council is illness, vacation, official business trip.
5.5 All meetings and decisions made by the Academic Council are competent if at least two thirds of its members are involved.
5.7 The decision of the Academic Council on the nomination of a candidate for the award of a scientific degree (professor, docent) shall be taken by secret ballot. The decision of the Academic Council regarding the award of the academic rank is considered positive if at least three quarters of the academic members of the council who participated in the meeting voted for it.
5.8 Technical and information support of meetings of the Academic Council is provided by the heads of the relevant structural units.
5.9 A transcript and a protocol are held at the meeting of the Academic Council of the University, in which the course and results of the meeting are recorded.
- The rights of the academic council
In order to ensure the fulfillment of its tasks, the Academic Council shall be entitled:
6.1 To invite heads of departments, representatives of structural subdivisions of the university or representatives of other institutions and organizations to meetings if this is necessary to ensure an effective and timely resolution of the issue under consideration.
6.2 Organize an extraordinary session of the Academic Council.
6.3 Require university staff to ensure that decisions taken by the Academic Council are clear and timely implemented.
6.4 To create commissions for consideration of issues concerning the work of departments, structural units of the University, as well as for solving other issues of the University's activities. Involve, if necessary, in the commissions of qualified specialists who are not members of the Academic Council.
6.5 To apply to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine or the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, bodies of state power and local self-government, enterprises, institutions, organizations with inquiries, proposals and requests on issues related to the functioning of the university and its subordinate structures.
6.6 Use the university's logistics, communications and communications systems.
- The order of preparation, registration of materials and consideration of issues at the meetings of the Academic Council of the University
7.1 Materials submitted to the academic secretary of the Academic Council of the University for consideration of the scheduled issues at the next meeting of the council:
- materials to the report;
- the draft decision of the academic council with its short substantiation, clearly formulated tasks, terms of their implementation, indicating the units and surnames of officials responsible for the implementation of individual decisions and control the implementation of the decision of the academic council as a whole;
- in necessary cases - additional materials (preliminary orders, memorandum notes);
- a list of persons invited to meetings of the Academic Council, with the surname, name and patronymic, positions and places of work
All specified materials are prepared by the person responsible for preparing the planned question, are agreed in advance with the rector and the performers (according to the draft decision) and submitted to the academic secretary of the scientist in printed form with a personal signature, as well as in electronic format, not later than 5 working days before council meeting
7.2 The completion of the decisions of the Academic Council, taking into account the comments and proposals of the members of the council, shall be held by the relevant officials or units within a 5-day period if the council does not establish another.
7.3 Personnel issues are submitted to the academic council for consideration on the basis of submissions of the heads of departments, deans, pro-rectors and other heads of structural units, which are subject to the corresponding visa of the rector of the university.
Materials of the personal affairs of candidates for election to positions, assignment of scholars and honorary titles, election of academicians and correspondent members of state academies of Ukraine shall be submitted to the academic secretary of the council in printed form with the personal signature of the applicant and in electronic format.
Bulletins for secret ballot and forms of minutes of the counting commission should be made according to a single model, the format of which is supervised and provided by the academic secretary.
7.4 Current cases are submitted to the Academic Council for consideration by the decision of the rector of the university on the basis of submissions, usually certified by the pro-rectors of the respective areas of activity. The rector of the university on his instructions may authorize the pro-rectors to make their own decision to submit to the academic council for consideration certain issues that fall within their competence.
7.5 The Scientific Secretary of the Academic Council prepares a plan of the meeting, agrees with the rector and introduces with him the pro-rectors involved in the consideration of issues.
- Reorganization and liquidation of the Academic Council
8.1 The reorganization and liquidation of the academic council is carried out on the order of the rector of the university, on the basis of preliminary consideration by the higher collegiate body of public self-government of the university in the manner established by the current legislation of Ukraine.
- Final provisions
9.1 All changes and additions to this Regulation or its new edition are discussed and approved at the meeting of the Academic Council and implemented by the order of the rector on the introduction of amendments and additions or approval of a new edition of the Regulations on the Academic Council of the Donetsk National Medical University of M. Gorky ".
9.2 Since the date of approval of the new edition of the Regulations on the Academic Council of the Donetsk National Medical University of M. Gorky's previous loses validity.