The order of Ministry of Health of Ukraine
6 February 2016 № 80
Acting Minister of Health
/Signature/ U. Suprun
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
Identity code 00012925/
Donetsk National Medical University
Identity code 02010698
Agreed upon the presentation of the Academic
Council by the Conference of the labor collective of
Donetsk National Medical University
12 October 2016, protocol № 2
Lyman – 2016
- The common part
- This Charter, created according to the legislation of Ukraine, is the document, which regulates the activity of Donetsk National Medical University and was created on the base of M. Gorky Donetsk National Medical University by a resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 407 from 15 June, 1994. It was provided with the status of national by the decree of the president of Ukraine from 23 August, 2007 № 785/2007 and renamed according to the order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from 22 December, 2016 № 1394 “On renaming of M. Gorky Donetsk Medical University”.
- Full name of the University:
In Ukrainian – “Донецький національний медичний університет”
In Russian – “Донецкий национальный медицинский университет”
In English – “Donetsk National Medical University”
Shortened official name of the University:
In Ukrainian – ДНМУ
In Russian – ДНМУ
In English – DNMU
- Address of the University:
84404, Donetsk Oblast, Lyman city, Pryvokzalna Street, 27.
Phone (062) 385-95-00, fax (062) 305-44-41
- Donetsk National Medical University (further – University) was established on a state property form, subordinated to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and is a non-profit organization.
- The main directions of University activity are:
Preparation according to the state order and contractual obligations of highly skilled professionals with such degrees as “Junior Specialist”, “Junior Bachelor”, “Bachelor”, “Master”, “Doctor of Philosophy”, “Doctor of Science”.
Preparation of foreigners to enter higher institutions.
Preparation of foreigners and domestic citizens in internship, medical residency and clinical residency.
Students' training on the training program of medical officers of the reserve.
Specialization, retraining, advanced training and training of medical and pharmaceutical personnel.
Scientific research work.
- Main tasks of the University:
Carrying out educational activities in the field of health care, which includes educational, scientific, methodical, curative, cultural, recreational activities, provides the training of professionals and which meets higher education standards.
Implementation of scientific, scientific and technical and innovation activities.
Enforcement of the state order and agreements for preparation of professionals with higher medical and pharmaceutical education.
Implementation of preparation of scientific and science-pedagogical staff and their attestation.
Studying of demand for separate specialties on labor market and facilitating the employment of graduates.
Implementation of medical practice via providing specialized and highly specialized advisory and medical diagnostic assistance for people with the use of experimental and new medical technologies.
Providing the cultural and spiritual development of the person, education of persons, which are studying at the University, in the spirit of Ukrainian patriotism and respect for the constitution of Ukraine raising the educational and cultural level of citizens.
- The University is a legal entity, has its separate property. It is able on its own behalf acquire property and personal non-property rights and has its duties, to be a plaintiff and defendant in court, to hold its own balance, has current accounts in the bodies of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine, has a deposit account at the bank's institutions, seal and stamps with its name, blanks, logo, etc. It is able to has a registered in the established order trademark and other necessary equipment and attributes of legal entity.
- The University carry out its activities according to the legislation of Ukraine and this Charter.
- Structural subdivisions of the University are created according to the legislation in force and the main tasks of the University activity and acts based on provisions, attested by rector.
The main structural subdivisions of the University:
- Medical faculty № 1;
- Medical faculty № 2;
- Medical faculty № 3;
- International medical faculty (specialty: medicine);
- Faculty of Dentistry (specialty: dentistry);
- Pharmacy faculty (specialty: pharmacy);
- Faculty of internship and postgraduate education;
- Separate structural subdivision – Lyman Medical College.
Educational and educational auxiliary subdivisions of the University:
- Educational department;
- Department of technical means of training;
- Department of International Relations;
- Department of Industrial Practice;
- Department of educational work with students;
- Educational-methodical department;
- Department of New Medical Technique and Technology.
- Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics;
Scientific subdivisions of the University:
- Scientific department;
- Research labs and centers;
- Laboratory before graduate education;
- Medical department.
Administrative and economic subdivisions:
- Personnel department;
- Accounting service;
- Planning and Finance Department;
- Law department;
- Military mobilization unit;
- Printing house;
- Economic department;
- Operational and technical department;
- Department of material support;
- Information and Analytical Department;
- Department of information technologies;
- Department of quality management;
- Department of program-technical support;
- Department of Labor and Safety;
- Contract department;
- Metrology service;
- Dining room;
- Sports and health medical complex "Sonyachny".
- In structure of the University can be created other subdivisions, which activity is allowed by the legislation.
- The University can have brunches.
The branch is headed by the principal, which is subordinated to the University rector and act on the basis of appropriate order.
Information about a branch of the university is introduced into a single state electronic education database.
- THE CONCEPT OF EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Educational activities of the University are based on conceptual foundations of national Doctrine of education development, the law of Ukraine “On education”, the law of Ukraine “On scientific and scientific and technical activities” and other legal acts.
- The goal of educational activities:
- Reproduction of the intellectual potential of the state;
- Providing professionals to the medical industry;
- The formation of moral principles and norms of personality behavior.
- Educational activities are based on the principles:
- The degree of training of specialists;
- Establishment of democratic system of education;
- Satisfying the educational needs of higher education graduates according to their interests, abilities and needs of society;
- Use of state standards of higher education as an obligatory minimum of content of education and content of studying;
- Relevance of the level of education and educational and qualification level of preparation of graduates to the requirements of social division of labor;
- Outstanding innovative development of education;
- Mobility of preparing the specialists to meet the requirements of the market for personal orientation education;
- Integration into European and world educational spaces;
- Formation of national and universal values;
- Monitoring of the quality of education, ensuring its transparency, promoting the development of public control.
- Targeted educational programs and means of implementation:
- Staffing industry through:
- formation of qualitative contingent of students;
- formation of content of education and content of learning based on a subject-activity approach based on the principles of purposefulness, predictability and diagnostic;
- formation of university components of state standards of higher education taking into account the traditions of the University's academic schools, industry needs and students’ requests.
- formation of the nomenclature of directions, specializations, specialties of adequate changes in market conditions;
- studying the demand for individual specialties in the labor market and facilitating the employment of graduates;
- the competitiveness of graduates in the labor market;
- updating the content of education and organizing the educational process in accordance with democratic values, modern scientific and technological achievements;
- scientific and methodological support of the informational model of the pedagogical system;
- specialization, retraining, training of specialists;
- development of effective educational technologies;
- establishment of the conditions for the development of gifted youth;
- fulfillment of government orders and agreements for preparing the professionals of the appropriate qualification.
- National education via:
- providing cultural and spiritual development of the individual, education in the spirit of patriotism and respect for the Constitution of Ukraine;
- the formation of a democratic outlook for students, following the public rights and freedoms, respect to the traditions, culture, religion and conditions of communication of the peoples of the world; the formation of modern worldview for youth, development of creativity and skills of independent scientific knowledge, self-education and self-realization of the individual;
- stimulating young people's desire for a healthy lifestyle;
- the development of humanistic education, based on the cultural and historical values of the people, its traditions and spirituality;
- the affirmation of a national idea that promotes national self-identification, the development of culture, the acquisition of the values of world culture, human values;
- the formation of young people's needs and ability to live in civil society, spirituality and physical perfection, moral, artistic-aesthetic, labor, ecological culture;
- the formation of national ideological positions, ideas, views and beliefs, based on the values of domestic and world culture;
- the formation of the ability to independent thinking, public choice and activity, directed on the prosperity of Ukraine;
- promotion of development of high language culture of the citizens, writing and translating novels on the official language and languages of national militants of Ukraine, tolerance towards carriers of different languages and cultures;
- realization of the language strategy via complex and consistent implementation of Educational, scientific and methodological, explanatory measures;
- formation of new life orienteers of the individual;
- promotion of formation of a new value system of society – open, variational, spiritually and culturally filled, able to provide the formation of a citizen and a patriot, to consolidate society on the basis of priority of the individual rights, reducing the social inequality;
- formation of the responsibility for their own well-being, the state of society.
- Ensuring equal access to education via:
- providing the effective system to inform the citizens about the opportunities of getting higher education;
- creating the conditions to get free higher education on a competitive basis in improving the legal means of obtaining education at the expense of budgets of all levels and funds of legal entities and individuals;
- expanding the possibilities of obtaining higher education at the expense of individual lending;
- creating the conditions to obtain higher education by orphans, children deprived of parental care and children with disabilities;
- integration with other higher institutions with different levels of accreditation;
- providing flexible educational programs and information technologies of the education;
- adherence to the principles of democracy, transparency and publicity in formation of the contingent of students, including by means of objective testing.
- Creation of the system of continuous education via:
- providing the consistency of content and coordination of educational activities on the different levels of education;
- formation of the need and ability of the individual to self-education;
- optimization of the postgraduate education system based on the appropriate state standards;
- creation of integrated curricula and postgraduate education programs;
- formation and development of the educational scientific-production complexes of graduate training of specialists;
- development of individual modular training programs of different levels of complexity depending on specific needs;
- Preparation of students to livelihoods in information society via:
- informatization of the education system, aimed at satisfying the educational, informational and communication needs of participants in the educational process;
- the introduction of new forms of learning with the use of information and communication technologies in the educational process and library affairs along with traditional means;
- creation of electronic books;
- the use of modern teaching aids;
- the use of communication and information tools and global information and education networks.
- Combination of education and science via:
- fundamentalization of education, intensification of scientific research;
- development of education on the basis of modern scientific and technological researches;
- forward education development;
- innovative educational activities;
- legal protection of educational innovations and results of scientific and pedagogical activity as intellectual property;
- introduction of scientific expertise of components of state standards of education, textbooks, innovative systems of education and upbringing;
- the involvement of gifted student youth, scientific and pedagogical workers in the scientific activity;
- deepening cooperation and co-operation with other educational institutions and scientific institutions;
- the involvement of the leading scholars of other educational institutions in the educational process;
- the introduction of targeted programs that promote the integration of education;
- providing quality education in accordance with the latest achievements of science, culture and social policy;
- the connection between education and science, pedagogical theory and practice.
- Authority of the national agency for the quality assurance of higher education.
The national agency for the quality assurance of higher education:
- forms requirements to the quality assurance of higher education, develops the provision on accreditation of educational programs and submits it for approval by the central executive body in the field of education and science;
- analyzes the quality of educational activities of the University;
- conducts licensing expertise, prepares an expert opinion on the possibility of issuing a license for conducting educational activities at the University;
- in accordance with the submission of the University (scientific institutions), proposals are submitted, including the purpose of introducing interdisciplinary training, regarding the list of specialties on which higher education graduates are trained at the appropriate levels of higher education and submits it to the central executive body in the field of education and science;
- forms a single database of the University's specialization, which prepares applicants for higher education at each level of higher education;
- carries out the accreditation of educational programs for the training of applicants for higher education;
- forms the criteria for assessing the quality of educational activities, including the scientific achievements of the University, which can determine the ratings of higher educational institutions of Ukraine;
- develops requirements for the level of scientific qualification of individuals, which obtain scientific degrees, develops the procedure for their award by the Academic Council of the University (scientific institutions) and submits it for approval to the central executive body in the field of education and science;
- develops a regulation on the accreditation of specialized academic councils and submits it for approval to the central executive body in the field of education and science, accredited by specialist academic councils and controls their activities;
- carries out other powers stipulated by law.
- Monitoring and using foreign experience through:
- conducting of joint scientific researches, cooperation with international funds, holding of international scientific conferences, seminars, symposiums;
- promoting the participation of pedagogical and scientific-pedagogical workers in relevant events abroad;
- educational and scientific exchanges, internships and studies abroad for students, pedagogical and scientific and pedagogical workers;
- analysis, selection, publication and distribution of the best samples of foreign scientific and educational literature.
- Staffing of the educational process through:
- compliance of staffing with requirements of certification of scientific and pedagogical workers and accreditation of specialties;
- internship and advanced training of employees;
- creation of conditions for effective professional activity of pedagogical and scientific and pedagogical workers;
- ensuring economic and social guarantees for professional self-realization of pedagogical and scientific and pedagogical workers, increasing social status in accordance with their role in society.
- The concept of educational activity of the University is supplemented and detailed by the concepts of educational activity of the faculties, departments, and other subdivisions of the University.
- The educational process at the university is carried out in the following forms: lessons, individual work, practical training and control activities.
The main types of training at the University are lection, laboratory, practical, seminar and individual lesson.
Individuals, which are studying at the university, can be expelled at their own will; because of not implementation of the curriculum; because of violation of contract terms; in other cases, provided by the legislation.
Individuals, which are studying at the University, can interrupt their studying due to the circumstances, which make it impossible to fulfill the curriculum (due to health condition, call for military service in case of loss of the right to delay it, studying or internship in scientific and educational institutions abroad, etc.). Individuals, which interrupted their education in the University, are issued an academic leave.
Regain of studying of the individuals, which were expelled, is carried out during the holidays.
III. Rights and Duties of
Ministry of Health of Ukraine
The university is subordinated to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
The authority of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for the management of the University is determined by the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" and other laws of Ukraine, as well as by this Charter.
Ministry of Health of Ukraine:
- Approves the Charter of the University and upon submission of a higher collegiate body of public self-government, the University shall amend or approve a new edition, estimates of income and expenses and the staffing of the University;
- May delegate the authority to the rector or another university management authority in accordance with the law for the direct management of the university's activities;
- Announces the competition, appoints and dismisses the rector of the university in accordance with the procedure provided by the legislation;
- At the request of the rector, agrees on the appointment and dismissal of vice-rectors from the scientific and pedagogical work, chief accountant, and the head of the legal service in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine;
- Upon submission of the higher collegiate body of the University public self-government, terminates the contract with the rector of the University on the grounds determined by the labor legislation or for violation of this Charter and the terms of the contract;
- Concludes a contract with the rector of the University in a month's time, wrapped up in competition in accordance with the procedure established by the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education";
- Forms the state order for the training of specialists with higher medical and pharmaceutical education at the University;
- Promotes placement of graduates of the University;
- Carries out control functions in compliance with the requirements of the standards of higher medical and pharmaceutical education;
- Distributes graduates of the University and employment to health facilities within the framework of a state order;
- Supervises the financial and economic activities of the University;
- Carries out an internal audit to prevent the facts of illegal, ineffective and inefficient use of budgetary funds in the financial and economic activities of the University;
- Controls fulfillment of requirements of anti-corruption legislation of Ukraine;
- Appoints the performer of the duties of the rector of the University from the staff of scientific and pedagogical staff of the University in accordance with the legislation and this Charter;
- Carries out other powers stipulated by the legislation and this Charter.
- Rights and Duties of the University
- The civil capacity of the university arises from the moment of registration of this Charter and consists of its rights and duties.
- University administration is carried out on the basis of the following principles:
- autonomy of self-government;
- the distinction between the rights, powers and responsibilities of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the rector and the heads of the structural units of the University;
- a combination of collegiate and unified principles;
- independence from political parties, public and religious organizations;
- The autonomy and self-governance of the University is implemented in accordance with the law and provides the following rights:
- Independently determine the forms of education, the forms and types of organization of the educational process;
- To employ pedagogical, scientific-pedagogical and other workers through the competition and on terms of a contract in accordance with the current legislation;
- To provide additional educational services in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation;
- Independently develop and implement own programs of scientific and scientific-production activity;
- Include preparatory courses (subdivisions);
- Retraining and advanced training of personnel, laboratories, teaching and study rooms, clinical bases, computer and information centers, educational and production workshops, creative educational workshops, production facilities, publishing houses, sports complexes, cultural and dining establishments and other subdivisions, whose activities are not prohibited by law;
- To create, in accordance with the procedure established by law, institutes, departments, branches, affiliates, educational, methodological, scientific, research centers and laboratories, university hospitals, territorially separated university clinics and other structural divisions.
- To make publishing activities, to produce and distribute publishing products, to develop their own polygraph base;
- On the basis of the relevant agreements, to conduct joint activities with other higher educational institutions, enterprises, institutions, organizations;
- To participate in the work of international organizations;
- To introduce your own symbolism and attribute;
- To address with the initiative to the authorities, which manage in the field of higher education, about amending existing or developing new normative legal acts in the field of higher education, and also participate in work on projects;
- The University has a right:
- To make the necessary decisions and hold actions, which are classified as a competence of the University and do not contradict the legislation;
- To determine the content of the education according to the state standards and educational and professional programs, established for higher education institutions of IV level of accreditation;
- To determine forms and means of holding the educational process according to the licensed educational activity;
- To open new specialties;
- To assign academic ranks of docent, professor, Senior Research Fellow;
- To separate material-technical base of education and science researches, to create the textbooks, teaching aids, science and teaching literature;
- To use land areas in the manner, prescribed by the legislation of Ukraine; to carry out capital construction, reconstruction and overhaul of the main funds; to receive money, tangibles (houses, buildings, equipment, transport means, etc. from public authorities, enterprises, institutions, organizations (including charitable organizations) and individuals);
- To establish structural subdivisions in the order, established by the current legislation, including separated structural subdivisions, educational-scientific-production complexes, medical and diagnostic centers (clinical bases);
- To conduct research works aimed at solving current health problems;
- To attract the best scientific and pedagogical staff from other medical and pharmaceutical institutions to improve the quality of specialists training;
- To provide paid educational and scientific services on health protection, the list of which is approved by the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- To establish the cost of paid services, in accordance with the current legislation;
- To act as the lessor of the property located on the operational board with the consent of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in accordance with the current legislation;
- To carry out financial, economic and other activities in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine and this Charter;
- To determine and establish individual forms of moral and material encouragement of University workers according to the present legislation;
- To carry out payment of wages to employees not less than two times per month after a period of time, which is not longer than 16 days and not later than 7 days after the period, during which payment is carried out, finished;
- To provide specialized and highly specialized medical aid to the people via diagnostics and treatment of the illnesses with implementation of experimental and new medical technologies;
- To carry out scientific and research activities according to the legislation of Ukraine;
- To carry out the activity, which is connected with storage, acquisition and destruction of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors in accordance with the current legislation for university clinics and research institutes;
- To independently dispose of the proceeds from the provision of paid services permitted by law;
- To open the accounts with a foreign currency in the banks according to the present legislation;
- To open deposit accounts in the banks according to the legislation;
- To take part in programs of bilateral and multilateral inter-state exchange of students, postgraduate students, pedagogical, scientific-pedagogical and scientific workers;
- Inter-state exchange of students, postgraduate students, pedagogical, scientific-pedagogical and scientific workers;
- To elect honored professors of the University;
- To arrange international conferences, symposiums, congresses and other events;
- To take part in international educational and scientific programs;
- To carry out foreign economic activity according to the present legislation via conclusion of contracts with foreign legal entities and individuals; to establish direct connections with higher education institutions of foreign states, national organizations, funds, etc.; to provide education activity, connected with teaching of foreign students and training of personnel for foreign countries;
- To use foreign exchange and material revenues from foreign trade activities of the University to ensure compliance with statutory tasks;
- To issue state sample documents about higher education from the accredited areas (specialties);
- To make suggestions to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science about creation and activity of the specialized Council for the Defense of Theses;
- To provide independent publishing activity and to produce and distribute publishing products;
- To arrange catering for the students and workers of the University;
- Within the wage fund and own funds, establish higher salaries, nominal scholarships and other payments in accordance with the current legislation;
- To set surcharges and allowances for employees according to qualifications, labor input and working conditions;
- To solve social issues for employees, students, retirees (material assistance, food, burial aid, etc.);
- To carry out other kinds of activity provided by the present legislation.
- The University is obliged to follow:
- Requirements of the current legislation of Ukraine;
- State standards of education;
- Safe conditions for conducting educational and scientific activities;
- Financial discipline and the preservation of state property;
- Social protection of the members of the University labor collective and other participants in the educational process;
- Training of higher education graduates in the field of medicine in accordance with the standards of higher education;
- Carrying out educational activity, which includes educational, methodical, scientific, cultural activity;
- Conditions for mastering the system of knowledge about man, nature, society, the formation of a mature creative person, the education of a mentally and physically healthy generation of citizens, the formation of a public position, a sense of patriotism, self-esteem, readiness for work, responsibility for their destiny, the fate of society, the humanity state;
- High ethical standards, the atmosphere of goodwill and mutual respect in the relationships between employees, teachers and students;
- Conditions for acquiring knowledge in the field of medicine, preparation of highly qualified specialists in accordance with a step education system of state standards approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in agreement with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Conducting scientific research as the basis for the training of future teachers;
- Preparation of young people for teaching, independent scientific activity;
- Informing the entrants and students about the situation on the employment market;
- Preparation of scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff of higher qualification in the magistracy, postgraduate study and doctoral studies;
- Primary training of assistants, retraining and advanced training of professors and doctors at the postgraduate training faculty;
- Improvement of professional qualification of doctors through clinical residency, cycle training at institutes (faculties), as well as courses on information and internships on the basis of research and medical institutes, medical and preventive, sanitary epidemiological and pharmaceutical institutions in accordance with current regulations;
- To serve relevant documents to the Ukrainian mosque on the creation, reorganization and liquidation of existing and newly formed structural divisions and separate structural divisions with the granting of their rights to economic activity in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
- The rights and obligations of pedagogical, scientific and pedagogical workers and individuals, who are studying at the University, are determined in accordance with the laws and regulations on higher education.
- Representative of the interests of the labor collective is the trade union committee of the University.
- Persons, who are studying and working at the University, are obliged to adhere to the current legislation, the Charter, the rules of the internal order and the rules of residence in the university dormitories and contribute to the enhancement of the authority of the University.
- Authorities of the University Administration
The university has an academic council, a supervisory board, working and advisory bodies.
- For solving the main issues, the University Academic Council is established.
The Academic Council is a collegiate university management authority, which is established for a period of 5 years and which structure is approved by rector’s order during 5 working days from the date of termination of the powers of the previous structure of the academic council.
The University Academic Council:
- Determines the strategy and perspective directions of the development of educational, scientific and innovative activity of the University;
- Develops and provides the higher collegiate body of public self-government the project of the University Charter, and decisions about making changes and additions in it;
- Approves the decisions to place own revenues in the territorial bodies of the central executive body in the field of treasury service budget funds or in banking institutions;
- Determines the system and approves the procedures of internal quality assurance in higher education;
- Approves the decisions about placement of own revenues in the territorial bodies of the central executive body in the field of treasury service budget funds, or in banking institutions;
- Approves the decision of the rector of the University on the formation, reorganization and liquidation of structural subdivisions;
- Selects by secret ballot on the positions of deans, heads of departments, professors and associate professors, director of the library, heads of affiliates;
- Approves educational programs and curricula for each level of higher education and specialty;
- Approves decisions on the organization of the educational process, defines the terms of training at the appropriate levels;
- Approves the sample and the procedure for the production of its own document on higher education, the provisions on the procedure and the grounds for its issuance to graduates, as well as samples, the procedure for making, the procedure and grounds for issuing joint and double diplomas for graduates;
- Approves the main directions of conducting scientific research and innovation activities;
- Evaluates scientific and pedagogical activity of structural subdivisions;
- Assigns academic titles of professor, assistant professor and senior researcher and submits relevant decisions for approval to the attestation board of the central executive authority in the field of education and science;
- Makes final decisions on the recognition of foreign documents on higher education, scientific degrees and academic titles when recruiting pedagogical, scientific and other workers as well as during enrollment of the students;
- Has the right to submit a petition on the recall of the University rector on the grounds stipulated by the law, the Charter of the University, a contract which is disputed by the highest collegiate body of public self-government of the University;
- Considers other issues of the University's activities in accordance with this Charter.
Academic Council is chaired by its head, which is elected by a secret ballot among members of the University Academic Council, who have scientific degree and / or academic (honorary) title, for the duration of the Academic Council activity. The structure of the University consists of the rector of the University, vice rectors, heads of the faculties (educational and research institutions), academic secretary, director of the library, chief accountant, heads of self-government bodies and elected bodies of primary trade-union organizations and elective representatives, who represent scientific, scientific and pedagogical workers and are selected from the number of the heads of the departments, professors, doctors of philosophy, doctors of science, elected representatives, who represent other workers of the University and who work in it on a regular basis, elected representatives of the postgraduate students, doctoral students, audience, assistant trainees, interns, resident physicians, clinical interns, heads of elected bodies of students' self-government of the University in accordance with the quotas defined by this Charter.
Elections to the Academic Council begin within 30 calendar days before the termination of the powers of the previous members of the Academic Council.
According to the decision of the Academic Council, representatives of employers' organizations may also be members. At the same time, not less than 75 percent of the academic council should be made up of scientific, scientific-pedagogical staff of the University and not less than 10 percent – elective representatives from the number of students, studying at the University.
Elected representatives are elected by the highest collegiate body of public self-government of the University on the basis of the submission of the structural units in which they work, and elected representatives from the number of persons studying at the University through direct secret elections.
Meetings of the Academic Council are considered competent, if it is attended by two thirds of the total number of Academic Council. The decision is made if more than 50 percent of the members of the Academic Council of the University have voted. The decision of the Academic Council is approved by the head of the Academic Council and entered into force by the decisions of the rector of the University.
Decisions of the Academic Council of the University are put into effect by the order of the rector of the University.
Academic Council of the Faculty.
To study the issues of educational and scientific activity of the faculty, an academic council of the faculty, which is its collegial body, is established.
Academic Council is chaired by its head, which is elected by a secret ballot among members of the University Academic Council, who have scientific degree and / or academic (honorary) title. The structure of the University consists of the rector of the University, vice rectors, heads of the faculties, heads of student self-government bodies and elected bodies of the faculty and elected representatives, who represent scientific and pedagogical workers and are selected from the number of professors, doctors of philosophy, doctors of science, elected representatives, who represent other workers of the faculty and who work on a regular basis, elected representatives from the number of people, who study at the University. At the same time, not less than 75 percent of the academic council should be made up of scientific-pedagogical staff of the University and not less than 10 percent – elective representatives from the number of students, studying at the University. Elected representatives are elected by public self-government body on submission of structural subdivisions, where they work, and elected representatives from the number of people, who study in the University, - by the supreme body of the student's self-governing faculty.
The competence of the Academic Council includes:
- Identify common areas of faculty research activities;
- Providing recommendations to the Academic Council of the University regarding the election by secret ballot of the dean, head of the department, director, professor;
- Electing to the positions of associate professors (in accordance with the delegated authority of the Academic Council of the University), senior lecturers, assistants;
- Approval of educational programs and curricula;
- The decision of the organization of the educational process at the faculty;
- Approval of the report of the dean of the faculty, heads of departments in accordance with the regulations on the faculties.
- In the presence of reasonable grounds, the Academic Council of the faculty may cancel its previously made decisions.
Faculty’s dean approves the decision of the Academic Council of the faculty.
The decision of the Academic Council of the faculty can be canceled by the Academic Council of the University.
- Supervisory Board of the University.
Supervisory Board is established for supervising the management of the property of the University, adhering to the purpose of its creation.
The Supervisory Board of the University promotes the resolution of the pertinent tasks of its development, attraction of financial resources to ensure its activity in the main areas of development and control over their use, effective interaction of the University with state bodies and local self-government bodies, the scientific community, socio-political organizations and subjects of economic activity in the interests of development and improvement of the quality of educational activity and competitiveness of the University, carries out public control over its activities, etc.
The members of the Supervisory Board have the right to participate in the work of the conference of the staff of the University with the right of an advisory vote.
The Supervisory Board has the right to submit to the Conference of the University's staff the submission of the rector's recall on the grounds provided by the legislation, this Charter, the contract.
The members of the Supervisory Board may not be members of the University.
The Supervisory Board of the University consists of 5 people. The personal membership of the Supervisory Board of the University, upon the submission of the Academic Council, shall be elected by an open vote of the delegates of the Conference of the Labor Collegium of the University by simple majority of votes. The term of office of the Supervisory Board is 5 years.
The composition of the Supervisory Board is approved by the rector of the university in accordance with the decision of the Conference of the staff of the University.
The competence and procedure for the activities of the Supervisory Board of the University are determined by this Charter and the Regulations on the Supervisory Board of the University, which is approved by the Academic Council of the University.
- In order to solve the main issues of the University activities, working and advisory bodies are established, which are based on this Charter and the Regulations approved by the Academic Council of the University.
The working bodies are the Rectorate, the dean's office, the admissions committee.
Rectorate is a working body, which is established to solve running issues of the University activity. The structure of the Rectorate, which is approved by the rector, includes rector, vice-rector, faculties’ deans, Chief Accountant, heads of structural divisions, head of the trade union of workers; head of the trade union of students.
Dean’s office is a working body, which is established to solve current issues of the University activity.
The dean’s office structure, which is approved by the rector, includes dean, deputy deans, heads and other workers of the separate subdivisions and the head of the student's self-governing body of the faculty.
Admissions committee is a working body, which is established to form a contingent of students.
Individual structure and work plan of the admissions committee is approved by rector, who is the head of this committee. Term of office of the admissions committee is one year. Before expiration of term of office, the admissions committee makes a report about the results of activity in front of the Academic Council of the University.
If necessary, the methodical councils can be created in the University, which order of creation and the functions are determined by the rector of the University.
- RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY
The direct management of the University activity is made by the rector, which is appointed according to the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”.
The legislation and the Charter of the University determine his rights, obligations and responsibility.
Rector is a representative of the University in relations with the authorities, local government bodies, legal entities and individuals and acts without power of attorney within the limits of its authority, provided by the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” and the Charter of the University.
The candidate for the position of rector must be fluent in the state language, to have a scientific rank and a scientific degree and experience of work on positions of scientific-pedagogical workers not less than 10 years. The candidate for the position of rector of the state University must be a citizen of Ukraine.
The same person cannot be a rector of the University more than two terms.
The candidate on the position of rector of the University is selected by a secret ballot for a period of 5 years in the manner prescribed by the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" and the Charter of the University.
The Rector is appointed to the position and dismissed from the position by the Minister of Health of Ukraine.
Cannot be selected, appointed (including the performer of duties) on the position of rector of the University a person, which:
- on the court's decision is declared as incapacitated or the capacity is limited;
- has a conviction for committing an offense if such conviction is not extinguished or not taken off in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- according to the court judgment, is deprived of the right to occupy the corresponding positions;
- on the court's decision was found guilty of committing a corruption offense - during the year from the day of the court decision's entry into force;
- was subjected to administrative penalty for a corruption offense - during the year from the day of the entry into force of the relevant court decision;
- falls within the scope of part three of Article 1 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Purification of Power";
- voted for dictatorial laws in January 16, 2014.
- The rector of the University within the limits of the powers granted to him and within the limits of the current legislation:
- Solves the issues of the University's activities, approves its structure and submits for approval to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine a staff list;
- Represent the University in all institutions, enterprises and organizations in Ukraine and abroad;
- Organizes licensing of specialties and accreditation;
- Issues orders and instructions from all directions of the University activities that are mandatory for all employees and structural subdivisions of the University;
- Is the manager of property and funds;
- Performs the estimate of income and expenses;
- Approves the decision of the Academic Council of the University;
- Submits to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for approval the Charter of the University, amendments and additions to it;
- Hires and fires employees of the University, ensuring compliance with the Law of Ukraine "On protection of personal data";
- Agrees with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine appointment and dismissal of vice-rectors who are the scientific-pedagogical staff of the University, chief accountant, and head of the legal service in accordance with the legislation;
- Provides protection of labor, adherence to law and order;
- Determines the functional requirements of the University staff;
- Approves the rules of admission to the University in agreement with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Forms contingent of persons, who are studying at the University;
- Expels and updates the education of persons, studying at the University in the manner prescribed by law;
- Controls the fulfilment of curricula and programs;
- Controls compliance of nominally and financial discipline with all subdivisions;
- Ensures compliance with official and state secrets;
- Responsible for the improvement and implementation of internal control according to the compliance with the legality and efficiency of using budget funds, supervises the quality of teachers, the organization of educational work and cultural work, the condition of physical education and health, organizes the household service of the participants of the educational process and other staff of the University;
- Together with the trade union committee submits for the approval of the conference the labor collective rules of internal labor regulations, a collective agreement and signs it after approval;
- Responsible for conducting educational activities at the University, for the results of financial and economic activity, the state and preservation of buildings and other property;
- In order to solve the main issues of activity, in accordance with the Charter of the University, creates working bodies, as well as defines their powers;
- Ensures adherence to the university requirements of anti-corruption legislation;
- Annually reports to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine or its authorized body and conference of the staff of the University and is obliged to publish an annual report on its activities on the official website of the University;
- Carries out other authorities in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", other acts of legislation and this Charter and contract.
Rector of the University can delegate the part of his rights and obligations to vice-rectors, faculty deans, heads of the structural subdivisions according to the distribution of the functional obligations among the leadership.
In case of retirement of the Rector, which has been working on this position not less than 10 years in a row, in accordance with the procedure established by the current legislation he can be appointed as an adviser of the Rector of the University on a voluntary basis or at the expense of the University's own revenues in the amount of wages he received before retirement.
VII. BODIES OF PUBLIC SELF-GOVERNMENT
- The highest collegiate body of public self-government of the University is the conference of the labor collective (hereinafter - the Conference), including elected representatives from the number of persons studying at the University.
General amount of the delegates of the University, the amount of the delegates of every structural subdivision of the University and the amount of the delegates from the number of persons studying at the University is determined in such way: 1 delegate for 5 workers of professorial-teaching and scientific staff, 1 delegate for 20 workers of other structural subdivisions and 1 delegate for 300 persons, studying at the University. While at least 75 percent of the total amount of delegates (members) of an elected body must include teachers, which work at the University on a regular basis, and not less than 15 percent – elected representatives from the number of persons, studying at the University.
The delegates on the conference are elected during the general meeting of the labor collectives of structural subdivisions by open vote. The conference is convened not less than one time per year. The term of office of the delegates of the conference is three years. The organization of the conference is carried out by the University leadership in conjunction with the trade union committee of the University.
The conference of the labor collective is considered competent, if it contains two thirds of the total number of elected delegates.
The decision on the rejection of the rector of the University from the position shall be taken by a majority of 2/3 of the votes of the delegates participating in the meeting. For the rest issues, decisions are made by a simple majority of the delegates participating in the conference.
Conference of the University staff:
- Upon submission of the Academic Council, the University shall approve the University Charter or supplements to it.
- Annually hears the report of the Rector of the University and evaluates his activity.
- Selects the Commission on Labor Disputes.
- Considers a reasoned submission of the Supervisory or Academic Council of the University the issues about pre-term termination of powers of the Rector of the University.
- Approves internal rules and a collective agreement.
- Approves the provisions on student self-government bodies.
- Considers other issues of the University.
- The body of public self-government of the faculty is a meeting (conference) of the labor collective of the faculty, including elective representatives from the number of persons studying at the University. The body of public self-government of the faculty must be represented by all categories of faculty members and elected representatives from the number of persons studying at the university. While at least 75 percent of the total amount of delegates (members) of an elected body must include teachers, which work at the University on a regular basis, and not less than 10 percent – elected representatives from the number of persons, studying at the University. The delegates on the meeting of the labor collectives of the faculty are elected during the general meeting of the labor collectives of faculty departments and during the conference of the faculty students.
Faculty meetings are convened at least once a year and are considered valid if they take 2/3 of the total number of workers of the faculty. The decisions of the meeting of the labor collective of the faculty are accepted by a simple majority of votes.
Meetings of the labor collective of the faculty:
- Give an assessment of the activities of the dean of the faculty.
- Approve the annual report on the activities of the faculty.
- Make proposals to the Rector about recall from the post of Dean of the Faculty.
- Elect elective representatives to the Academic Council of the faculty.
- Elect candidates for the conference of the staff of the University.
- Elect candidates for the Academic Council of the University.
- Solve other issues of the faculty.
- The University and its structural subdivisions have student self-government, which is an integral part of the University's public self-government.
Student self-government involves people studying at the University. All persons studying at the University have equal rights to participate in student self-government.
Student self-government provides protection of the rights and interests of persons studying at the University and their participation in the management of the University.
Student self-government is carried out by persons studying at the University directly and through the bodies of student self-government, elected by secret ballot.
In their activities, student self-government bodies are guided by legislation, decisions of the specially authorized central executive authority in the field of education and science and, accordingly, the central executive authority, under whose authority the University is located, the Charter of the University and the provision on student self-government of the University.
Student self-government bodies:
- Accept acts regulating their organization and activities.
- Conduct organizational, scientific, cultural and mass sports, health and other activities.
- Promote the placement of people studying at the University.
- Dispose of funds and other assets that are on their balance on bank accounts.
- Perform other functions provided by the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" and the Regulation on Student Self-Government at the University.
In agreement with the student's self-government body at the University, decisions are taken on:
- Expelling the students studying at the University and their renewal to study;
- Transfer of persons studying at a university for a state order for contract studying at the expense of individuals and legal entities;
- Transfer of persons studying at a university for contract studying at the expense of individuals and legal entities for a state order;
- Appointment of deputy dean, vice rector, which are responsible for work with students;
- Accommodation of people, which are studying at the University, in the hostel and evicting them from the hostel;
- Approval of decisions on student campus and dormitories for accommodation of students studying at the University;
Student self-government is carried out at the level of the student group, faculty, dormitory, university, as well as at the level of the course, specialty, student campus, structural subdivisions of the University.
The supreme body of student self-government is the general meeting (conference) of persons studying at the University and who:
- Accept the provisions on student self-government.
- Select executive bodies of student self-government and hear their reports.
- Determine the structure, powers and procedure for the election of executive bodies of student self-government.
The financial basis of student self-government is the funds determined by the Academic Council of the University in the amount of not less than 0.5 percent of the funds of the special fund of the University. The funds of student self-government bodies are directed to fulfill their tasks and powers. At least 30 percent of the funds should be spent on supporting the scientific activity of persons studying at the University.
The main tasks of the bodies of student self-government are:
- Providing and protecting the rights and interests of students, in particular regarding the organization of the educational process.
- Ensuring students fulfill their duties.
- Promotion of students' educational, scientific and creative activities.
- Promoting the creation of appropriate conditions for students' living and rest.
- Promotion of student clubs, societies, associations.
- Organization of cooperation with students of other higher educational establishments and youth organizations.
- Promoting employment of graduates.
- Participation in solving international student exchange issues.
VIII. MATERIAL AND TECHNICAL BASE AND LEGAL REGIME OF THE PROPERTY OF THE UNIVERSITY
The University, in order to ensure the activity provided by this Charter, is established on the basis of the right of operational management of buildings, structures, land, property complexes, as well as other necessary property.
The property under the operational management of the University is not subject to seizure or transfer to any legal and physical persons, without the consent of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the Conference of the University staff, except in cases stipulated by the legislation.
The property of the University, providing its statutory activities, cannot be the subject of a pledge.
Property of the University consists of fixed assets, other tangible assets whose value is reflected in the independent balance.
The University has the right to use the property assigned to it under the right of operational management for the conduct of economic activity, to transfer it for rent and use in accordance with the legislation.
The University has no right to transfer its property to other legal entities and individuals without charge, except in cases stipulated by the legislation.
The financial support of the University is carried out at the expense of the state budget for the performance of the statutory activities of the University and at the expense of other sources not prohibited by the legislation, in compliance with the principles of targeted and effective use of funds, publicity and transparency in decision-making.
Other sources of funding:
- Fee for services provided by the University in accordance with its core activities;
- Income from additional (economic) activity;
- Fee for property lease;
- Proceeds from realization in the established order of property (except for real estate);
- Charitable donations, grants and gifts;
- Funds received from enterprises, organizations, individuals and other budget institutions for the implementation of targeted measures, including measures for the alienation of land for public needs and other objects of immovable property placed on them, which are privately owned by natural or legal persons;
- Funds received from placement of temporary free budget funds received for the provision of paid services;
- Other, not prohibited by law, sources.
Funds received by the University as tuition fees, training, retraining, professional development of personnel or providing educational services cannot be deducted from the state or local budget revenues.
The University has no right to distribute received from the provision of paid services (profits) of funds or their parts among the founders (participants), employees (except for the payment of their labor, the payment of a single social contribution), members of the governing bodies and other persons associated with them.
The amount of payment for services rendered to Ukrainian citizens is determined by the University in the monetary units of Ukraine (in UAH) in accordance with the legislation.
The Chief Accountant is constantly monitoring the compliance with accounting.
The payment for work at the University is carried out in accordance with the legislation on labor of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", the schemes of official salaries and tariff rates set by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for national higher educational institutions and contracts.
The University has the right, within the limits of the wage fund, to allocate increased salary, scholarships and other incentive payments in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine at the expense of funds allocated from the State Budget of Ukraine and own funds.
Forms and systems of remuneration, conditions and indices of bonuses of the University employees, the procedure for setting the premiums for high achievements in work or for the period of implementation of especially important works, as well as the procedure for the establishment and abolition of elevated salaries, scholarships, additional payments for employees for combining positions, extension of zones service, performance of obligations of temporarily absent employees, is determined by a separate Regulation, which is approved by the rector, and the terms of a collective agreement between the administration and the trade union committee.
Funds, tangible and intangible assets, received free of charge in the form of non-repayable financial assistance or voluntary donations of legal entities and individuals, including non-residents, to the University for educational, scientific, recreational, sporting, cultural activities are not considered as profits and are not taxed.
Income (profits) or its part thereof received by the University shall not be subdivided among the founders (participants), members of the University, employees (except for the payment of their labor, the payment of a single social contribution), members of the governing bodies and other persons associated with them.
- THE PROCEDURE OF REPORTING, CONTROL OVER THE IMPLEMENTATION OF FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
- The University, in accordance with the Budget Code of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine" and other normative legal acts, establishes approved forms of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submits them to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the bodies of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine, the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine.
- The University independently carries out operative, accounting and financial accounting of its work, maintains statistical reporting in accordance with the established norms, submits it in accordance with the established procedure to the bodies, which the legislation of Ukraine has the right to control the relevant activities.
- The Rector and Chief Accountant of the University are personally responsible for the reliability of accounting and statistical reporting.
- The University's audit of the activities of the University is carried out in accordance with the law.
- THE PROCEDURE FOR AMENDING THE UNIVERSITY CHARTER
- Changes and amendments to the Charter shall be made on the proposal of the Academic Council of the University, by the conference of the Labor Collective of the University and approved in accordance with the established procedure.
- Changes and amendments to the Charter are approved and agreed in the same manner as the Charter itself.
- This Charter shall come into force from the moment of its state registration in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
- THE PROCEDURE FOR REORGANIZATION AND LIQUIDATION OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Liquidation and reorganization (merger, division, joining or transformation) of the University are carried out in accordance with the law.
- The reorganization or liquidation of the University shall not violate the rights and interests of persons studying at the University. The obligation to resolve all issues of continuation of higher education in such ways rests with the founder of the University.
- Liquidation of the university is carried out by the liquidation commission, formed by the body of property management. The liquidation commission consists of representatives of the property management and representatives of the University. The procedure and terms of liquidation, as well as the term for statement of claims by the creditor, shall be determined by the property management body.
- In case of termination in the manner prescribed by law (because of liquidation, merger, division, joining or transformation) of the University, its assets are transferred to one or more non-profit organizations of the corresponding type or credited to the budget revenue.
- Since the appointment of the liquidation commission, the authority to manage the university passes into it. The Liquidation Commission shall balance the University and submit it to the body that appoints the liquidation commission. Lenders and other legal entities in contractual relations with the University that is being liquidated shall be notified in writing form.
- During the liquidation and reorganization of the University, the dismissed workers are guaranteed the observance of their rights and interests in accordance with the labor legislation of Ukraine.
Rector /Stamp: Donetsk National Medical University /Signature/ Yu. Dumanskyi
Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Identification code 02010698/